Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Day After and the Day Before

Some of you know that Linda’s birthday is 2 days after mine.  Hence the title of this posting.

We started the day a little slow.  Linda & Maggie walked, I read the paper and checked the email.  It was overcast with a chance of rain.  And then it all blew over, the sun came out, and we decided to run errands.  I dropped Linda at Arrowhead Mall in Glendale, then I went to the car wash to clean up all of the grit we accumulated on our way back from SoCal.  Then I stopped at the Honda dealer to have a rattle checked.  Not a good idea, after 15 minutes of waiting for them to look at I left.  Maybe another day.  By then Linda was done, so I picked her up and we headed back to the MoHo.

We had previously decided to celebrate our birthdays with a good dinner today, the in between day.  We narrowed down our choices down to 3 different venues, Amuse Bouche, a small French restaurant, Bayrischer Hof, a new German restaurant, and the Kokopelli Winery Bistro.  Guess which one we choose????? Well, the French restaurant was very small in a strip mall, and it was very expensive for dinner, so we’re going to save it a good lunch.  The German restaurant is new, and it doesn’t have a lot of ambience, so we’ll save it for a less important day.  That left the Kokopelli Bistro.

The Kokopelli Bistro is part of the largest winery in AZ.  They have an outlet in Chandler where Jeni lives, and a smaller outlet here in Surprise.  We invited our good friends Bob & Maggie to join us.  The bistro was decorated very nicely.  And it was wine Wednesday, $5 off all bottles of wine, & $3 off all glasses.  So we started off with a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon for us to share.  It was surprisingly good.  A touch of oak, lower alcohol, smooth finish.  Nice wine.

The restaurant is know for its slow cooked entrees.  Pot Roast, Pork Roast, and Garlic Chicken.  Everyone ordered the pot roast with mashed potatoes, except me.  I ordered the crab cakes appetizer.  It was all very good.  And we had no room left for desert.  We plan to revisit this fine restaurant to try other entrees in the future.

So that was our in between day.  Pretty neat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theinvestblog.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Connie said...

Happy Birthday to both of you. Hope you both had great days.

Dkalla said...

I would have won, as I had picked Kokopelli Winery Bistro! We need to go there when we ever get down there as it sounds great....:-) What a nice way to spend your "In-Between Day!