Thursday, May 27, 2010

A-OK

I went to the Doctors yesterday for a follow up to the surgery.  It’s been 2 1/2 weeks and I can’t believe how well I’m feeling.  I even drove all the way to Santa Monica and back.  It felt good to be getting back to normal.

They took an X-Ray, and I saw my new hip for the first time.  It was very interesting.  Here’s an example I found in Wikipedia.250px-Hip_replacement_Image_3684-PH As you can see, the bottom slides inside the femur, which surprised me.  My incision is longer than a standard hip replacement because they had to remove the previous plate and screws.

It’s healing very nicely.  The only precautions I have to be aware of is the chance of a dislocation.  So I have to careful not to cross my right leg over my left.  He cleared me for hiking, bicycling, and swimming.  I didn’t ask him about golf, because I didn’t want to put any pressure on it yet with the twisting.  I know I can play golf(or try to play) in the future.

So that’s the good news.  I have to be careful not to overdo things right now, but I’m feeling better than I’ve felt in months.  I don’t have another appointment for 7 weeks.  Like I said, everything is A-OK.

1 comment:

Dkalla said...

This is great news!!! So glad to hear everything is healing, and you are feeling so much better so quickly!!! Thanks for the update!