Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One Week Later

It’s been a week and I haven’t left the condo since I got home from the hospital.  That’s got to change! I don’t want my new hip to freeze up from lack of use.

Things have been pretty quiet.  I’ve enjoyed a few phone calls and emails-Thanks for that.  I’ve watched a few movies and a lot of baseball games, especially the Dodgers.  They’ve done really well since my surgery, so it’s been fun to watch them sweep Arizona and San Diego(Sorry Ken & Donna).  And I finished another mystery, The End of Road by Sue Henry.  It’s a cozy kind of mystery, set in Homer Alaska.  I learned a lot about Alaska, and enjoyed the book.  Just the kind of book I needed, calm and analytical. We’re planning on a trip to Alaska in 2012, so I plan on reading up all I can on the area.

Saturday Linda attended our niece Tiffany’s graduation from the Cerritos College Dental Hygienist School.  She looks pretty happy about it!IMG_2576 That’s her Mother, Donna, with her.  Donna is Linda’s sister.IMG_2581IMG_2591Linda’s Mom is on the left, and of course that’s Linda with Tiff on the right.  Linda took most of the pictures since I couldn’t be there, and she did a great job.  If you want to see all of the pictures, click on the following link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/winequest/TifSGraduation#

My big announcement today is I retired the walker and I’m just using a cane.  There’s still a lot of pain, especially just above the knee, but when I put weight on the leg, it doesn’t hurt very much.  We’re still trying to get the insurance cleared for Home Health Care and more Physical Therapy.  Until then I’ve been doing my exercises.  Now I’m going to go outside and walk more to build up some endurance.  But I’m going to take it easy and not push real hard.  We don’t want any relapses.   

1 comment:

Connie said...

It sounds like your doing good. When are you coming to Turlock????