Wednesday, December 09, 2009

We Have Granite Inside the House

In the past we’ve enjoys views of granite in Yosemite National Park.Bob & Kathy Yosemite 5-11-2007 7-49-58 PM Now we have granite countertops in our kitchen. They came, they cut, they molded, they glued, and finally we have all of the counters in beautiful granite.

We had to leave in the middle of the day to go to my hip Doctor for a checkup. The x-rays showed that the hip has finally healed. Any pain or limping left is due to an inactive lifestyle. He said I had to go out and beat the heck out it, with no limitations. So I guess I’ll have to get out of my comfortable chair and put down my computer and get out there and do some things. Hooray.

On the way back to the house, we got a phone call from the installers asking where the facet was. DUH. We bought a sink, but no facet. Sometimes I think I’m going brain-dead. We stopped a Home Depot and got a nice single handle facet with a pull out spray head and rushed home. The installers looked at it, saw that it needed one hole, and handed it back to me. I guess they just needed to know how many holes to drill. I could have told them that over the phone, and it would have prevented a lot of stress.

Since we don’t have a kitchen yet, we went out to dinner at Sandella’s Flatbread Cafe. We had the pesto chicken flatbread. It was ok, but it’s probably not someplace we’ll be returning to soon.

The weather has cleared up, but it’s still cold with a high of only 57. There’s a possibility of rain this coming weekend. California needs the rain, but it doesn’t have to be this cold. It’s not winter yet.

Tomorrow the new appliances arrive, and hopefully the installers. More on that tomorrow.

No comments: