Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine’s Day-2010

As most of you know, I’m a romantic guy.  But this holiday doesn’t thrill me.  I like to make sure my beautiful bride knows that I love her everyday.  But I did buy some pink(her favorite color) roses for her to liven up the MoHo.  But I didn’t get a card(bad boy).  Since we only have one car when we travel, it’s sometimes tough to get those little errands done.  Of course Linda got me a very special card.  I don’t know how she can be so well organized.

We did celebrate the day with our friends, Bob & Maggie.  Maggie’s sister and brother-in-law, Debbie & Wes.  They drove down from Eastern Canada to spend a week with Bob & Maggie.  So everyone came over to our lot (we had the outdoor heater).  We cooked au gratin potatoes, and a salad, and Bob provided the beef, 2” thick filet mignons!

I heated up the Weber Q Barbeque and cooked those steaks with just some Montreal Seasoning.  Bob likes his steak barely warm while the rest of us liked them medium, so he got the thickest steak.  I had just watched an online video about letting your steaks rest after grilling, so we followed the directions and they were very juicy, with little juice flowing out after cutting into them.  You can watch the video here:  http://www.cooksillustrated.com/video/default.asp?newVideo=y&docid=10807&Extcode=L0BN2BA00

Of course we had to have some good wine with the dinner, Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon.  Linda topped off the dinner with fresh strawberry shortcake for desert.

The evening concluded with a robust game of Mexican Train under the heater.  It was a fun evening and a great pleasure meeting one of Maggie’s five sisters and her husband.

No comments: