Friday, July 30, 2010

Under the Weather

Linda’s been not feeling well since Wed. with a chest cold and a lot of coughing.  This has really disrupted her sleep.  I bought some MucinexDM, but I think they spend all of their money on advertising instead of good medicine because it didn’t seem to help much.  And it cost $44 at Costco for 44 tablets.

So I’ve been spending time taking care of her.  I did go over to the Photo Lab to be supervisor on Thursday afternoon.  They have a DigiLab consisting of 5 Windows desktops and 1 Macintosh desktop with the latest photo software including Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Adobe Lightroom, Picasa, Photomatrix, and other lesser known software.  And they have Epson photo printers, including one that prints from a paper roll for panoramas.  By working as a supervisor I get to try everything out and learn new software, and print some great photos.  They also have a classroom, a mounting room, and a small studio.  Next week I’ll try to take some pictures.

Linda’s green thumb is still in evidence.  Here’s some updated photos of the area around our condo.IMG_2707This is our herb pot.  Linda put a sign above it offering herbs to our neighbors.  We’re overwhelmed by the basil, like some people get overwhelmed by zucchini.  By Oct. it will all be mint, as it’s starting to take over the pot.  We have only one strawberry thought.

We bought 3 tree roses to go against the wall.IMG_2709 We have Brandy, Cherish, and Sunsprite.IMG_2716 IMG_2714IMG_2715 I’m going to build a trellis for the area on the left of the wall.  We don’t know what we’ll plant there thought.  I think Linda wants to wait until the trellis is built-she knows me well.

That’s it for right now.  I told you it was going to get boring.  Hopefully Linda will begin to feel better.  Keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

Dkalla said...

Sorry to hear Linda is under the weather....that would explain her napping when I called today. I sure could use her green thumb around our house....I think I have killed all the rose bushes I have....:-( And Johnny, I can hardly wait to see some of your photo's.....:-) Glad to see the updates....:-) Love you two!