Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Here I Go Again

Well, it’s been a long time since I updated the blog, so I thought I would try to find something interesting to write about while we’re here at Laguna Woods.  My many fans are missing the posts (all two of them).

My hip is like a brand new hip.  The pain is completely gone, and the Doctor said I can do just about anything I want to do except for yoga, which could cause a dislocation.  As many of you know the chances of me taking up yoga are slim.  He doesn’t want to see me for 4 months, which we thought was a good sign.

One of the things I want to try is playing golf again.  I don’t have any clubs right now, so I’ve been perusing Craig’s List to fine a used set that will work for me.  I went to Golfsmith, and they had a section for old geezers like me, so I noted the brands and I’ve been using that as a guide.  Who would of thought I would reach this point so fast that I’m looking at the senior’s section.  Oh, well, such is reality.  I don’t turn down senior discounts either.  They have a 27 hole regulation golf course here at the village, plus a 9 hole par 3 course.  The green fees are $8 a round plus $10 for a cart.  It motivates me to get out there! When I play my first round I’ll take some pictures for the blog.

We drove out to Temecula to attend with Matt & Suzanne the 3-D ultrasound of our new grandboy.  It amazing what they can do with technology now.  Here’s a couple of the pictures.BABY_33BABY_92We both thought that he looked like Matt and had Suzanne’s nose.  But who knows.  We’ll find out when the baby is born at the end of September, or when he turns 18.  It was a very neat experience and we’re glad that Matt & Suzanne opted for this. 

3 comments:

Connie said...

What a precious baby. I'm sure you two can't wait to hold him.

Jessica deBruyn said...

Awww.... glad to hear an update and glad that your hip is doing so well. As for senior discount, it's not because you're old, you're just wise enough to recognize a good deal and not pay more than you have to. =) When is Suzanne due? So excited on you guys becoming grandparents - I know my parents love it, and hope you guys will too!

Dkalla said...

I am bad, after bugging you to update....then I am late to post a comment, but what else is new....HA! Hey maybe I should come up and play with you, since I am so bad, you would probably still beat me....:-) That is neat that you got to be there to see your grandson!!! You must feel like this is really happening now....:-) Keep up the blogging!!! Love your posts!