Friday, October 28, 2011

I’m Starting the Blog Updates Again

I know it’s been a long time since the last update, but I thought I would try writing again.  When we got home from our trip to the Northwest, I was kind of blogged out.  And not much of interest happens in Laguna Woods Village.  But we do keep very busy.  So I think I’ll try boring all of the readers with our humdrum everyday life.  I’ll try to liven it up with photos, rumors and commentary on all those subjects I’m such an expert on! I don’t know what, but I’m sure something will come up.  I don’t know if I’ll blog everyday, but I’m committed to at least twice a week until the end of the year.

Just to add some of what’s been happening, most of the great things during the summer concerned our Grandson, William Jaxson.  He turned 1 in October and we had a big party at an OC Regional Park.

IMG_0404

IMG_0333

It was a very fun party, with BBQ hamburgers & hot dogs, with all of the trimmings.  The theme was Mickey’s 1st birthday.  It was a lot of fun with good friends and family.

Jaxson was spoiled as required for a 1st birthday with lots of balloons, presents, food and fun.  He had a lot of help with presents from all of his cousins.

IMG_0474 

If you want to see all of the photos from the party, check out the album by clicking on this link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109735798411810657853/JaxsonS1stBirthday#

If you want any prints from the party, email me and I’ll print them out and mail them to you.

Later in the month Linda and I had a special treat of watching Jaxson for a weekend while Matt & Suzanne started packing.  They sold their house so they’re moving into a rental house in the first part of November.  It’s so much fun having our little grandson visit us in the village.  On Saturday we stayed around the condo playing with his toys.  On Sunday we visited Disneyland using the annual passes we got back in July.  The park was decked out for Halloween.  We didn’t know it, but there was a special event for the Children's Hospital in Orange County, so the park was very crowed.  But we did have fun, and didn’t feel stressed to see everything in one day because we knew we could come back.  Here’s a picture of Jaxson with Donald.

IMG_0619

As you tell, Jaxson wasn’t quite sure about it.  We rode the Casey Jr. train in Fantasyland.

IMG_0634

And as we were leaving the park we got a group shot at the big pumpkin.

IMG_0647

Here’s a link to all of the pictures.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109735798411810657853/Disneyland10162011#

We’ve been keeping busy.  I taught a beginners class on Windows 7, Linda has been taking 2 classes on beading, I’ve been working in the PC workshop and Photo Lab every week, Linda has been taking an Aqua Fitness class 3 times a week, and we just starting gardening in the garden center.  More on these activities later, and I’ll be doing some flashback posts to the highlights of the summer-fall.  We hope you enjoy the posts & photos. 

No comments: