Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Monaco Northwest Rally Day 3

The day started with a continental breakfast provided by the resort.  Then 12 of the men, including me, carpooled out to Diamond Woods Golf Course to play a best ball tournament.  This was a first for me as I haven’t played golf for the last 3 years, and I’ve only hit balls on the driving range since my hip replacement surgery.

I didn’t take my camera out, so these pictures come from the website.

page-banner01

entirecourse

There was 3 foursomes, and luckily the course wasn’t to busy, as we fell behind looking for our lost golf balls.  I didn’t drive to well, but I made a couple of chip shots and putts to help the team.  And when I was done I could still walk well.

The ladies went out shopping while we were gone (shocking).  There’s a new Cabelas in the Gateway Mall, but I don’t think they spent much time there.

We all made it back in time for the Social Hour (Happy Hour) and a delicious BBQ catered dinner from a local restaurant Bambinos.

There is also some show coaches from Guaranty RV.  This is always dangerous as the newer motorhomes have that new coach smell, and some new features our MoHo doesn’t have.

IMG_5546

No comments: