Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Heavy Appetizers and New Friends

It was a quiet morning as Linda is still recovering and building up her strength. We watched a couple of Hallmark Christmas Movies that I had taped.

This afternoon we are meeting for a Happy Hour with small plate type appetizers at Maggie & Bob’s motorhome. They also invited another couple from Monaco Northwest, Ed & Judie. The staying here at Happy Trails for the winter. I decided to shop for some food we could serve tonight. I went to Sam’s Club and I didn’t find any appetizers, but I did find some pretty carnations, and a locally made Cranberry Orange Brunt Cake from Cafe Valley Bakery.

So on to Trader Joes for the appetizers. I ended up with a frozen Tomato & Pesto Flatbread. We also added a vegetable tray with homemade dill dip, along with the brunch cake. I took a bottle of Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon to share.

It was a pleasure to meet Ed & Judie. They full timed for a while and live in Welch's, OR, near the top of Mt. Hood for part of the year. We had a lot of great conversation, and good food. When it got a little cold, we moved into Bob’s motorhome for more good talk. An excellent evening with great people and good food.

1 comment:

Dkalla said...

I can just see it now, John on a mission to find just the right appetizers and wine.....YUM!